Filipino Pork Adobo Recipe
Updated: Sep 22
My favourite Filipino dish. There are lots of regional variations all across The Philippines. This is my version. As a delicous alternative try mixing diced pork and diced chicken
· 750g Diced Pork Belly
· 4 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
· 1 Onion finely chopped
· 250ml Light Soy Sauce
· 25ml Vinegar
· 600ml of Water
· 1 tsp Paprika
· 5 Bay Leaves
· 2 Heaped tsp Cornflour
· In a large saucepan or wok, sauté the garlic and onions with a little olive oil until translucent. Sauté the pork in a separate pan until golden brown in colour.
· Add the browned pork to the garlic and onions along with 600ml of water, 325ml of soy sauce, vinegar, paprika and the bay leaves. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes reducing gradually.
· Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the sauce. Allow to thicken on a gentle simmer for a few minutes
· Serve hot with the adobo gravy and plain rice.